Digital marketing is the promotion of brands to connect with potential customers using the internet and other forms of digital communication. Digital marketing seeks to accomplish the same thing as traditional marketing except by leveraging computers, smart phones, and other digital devices rather than traditional media, such as print, radio, or television.
The main difference between digital and traditional marketing is the medium through which an audience encounters a marketing message. While traditional marketing uses traditional media like magazines and newspapers, digital marketing uses digital media, such as social media or websites.
The exponential increase of internet users over the past two decades has led to a similar increase in digital marketing efforts. In fact, approximately 62 percent of the global population is online today. A study from April 2022 illustrates the pervasiveness of digital technology in the world with the following figures:
- Active internet users: 5 billion
- Active mobile internet users: 32 billion
- Active social media users: 65 billion
The modern consumer is increasingly moving toward a more digital experience when it comes to researching and making purchases. Search engines like Google remain the most popular channel for consumer research. Whether consumers are at the beginning stages of the customer journey or ready to buy, they often use search engines to find the information they need to make an informed purchasing decision and research specific brands. It is vital that companies’ work is visible during these digital searches so they can engage the customer and work to influence their purchasing decisions by providing valuable information.
Every business needs digital marketing. It’s necessary you understand the benefits of digital marketing for businesses, which include:
- Mobile Access
- Influencer Engagement
Digital marketing is considerably less expensive than other marketing methods. Specific prices vary based on what you’re doing but ads spend tends to be lower than other forms of marketing.
“5 types of digital marketing”
- Search engine optimization (SEO) is a technique that seeks to improve the ranking of online material on search engines, such as Google or Bing. If you have ever searched for something on Google, you’ve likely noticed that even the simplest search can yield millions of results.
- Content marketing is an approach that connects with a target audience through the creation of original content. Rather than being concerned with making sales, content marketing typically seeks to raise brand awareness through material that appeals to a particular audience.
- Email marketing, As the name suggests, email marketing uses email to reach customers. To do it, marketers send out timely emails to large groups of people who have signed up for their contact list to advertise sales, discounts, and new products or services.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is a digital marketing model that involves an advertiser paying a publisher each time their ads are clicked. Typically, the publisher is a website owner, search engine operator, or social network platforms, such as Facebook or Instagram.
- Social media marketing is a form of digital marketing that uses social networks, such as Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, to reach customers. A core feature of modern digital marketing, social media marketing leverages the reach of social network platforms with data-driven efforts to reach targeted consumers.
We could write all of the ways that digital marketing can positively impact your brand, but the reasons illustrated above should be enough to at least peak your interest. If you don’t currently have a digital marketing strategy in place, you may be losing out on an important opportunity to reach out to more consumers and make a stronger connection with your current customers.
” Mediocre marketers think in terms of campaigns. Great marketers think in terms of growth frameworks. ” – Neil Patel
– JAYESH ASHOK PATIL